segunda-feira, 29 de novembro de 2010

The Iranian Journalist

Walking through my deparment corridors I saw a poster talking about this iranian woman, who was held as a prisoner in Iran and was going to give a lecture about Iran, journalism and Human Rights. I got surprised, such an opportunity to learn from a very rare source (my journalistic mind strikes again) and only a poster was warning us about it?! Nobody in my class was talking about it and I guess none of them was going to see her lecture. As for me, since I saw the poster I couldn't stop thinking of which things this woman was going to tell the lecture's spectators, and how I just wouldn't forgive myself if I missed it. Also I felt obligated to spread this as much as I could, so I told evebody I knew about this lecture and how this was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. The day of our meeting came and I was excited, just didn't know what to expect! Then, Roxana Saberi walked in the room and started telling me and the other people in the room this story: www.roxanasaberi.com
I know its mean of me not to tell you what she said in that lecture, but the thing is that I can't even try to put as much emotion in the story or passion in her mission as she. What's left to me is to spread her story as much as I can, and hope that more people become aware of her vision about Iran and about the importance of granting EVERYBODY human rights.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" Martin Luther King, Jr., 1963

Um comentário: